- This event has passed.
May 2017: Indoor Mini and Micro Event
20/05/2017 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This event is for all skill types and will be run indoors and contain two tracks (one for 130 or smaller quads copter and the other tiny whoop size). When coming along to the event please note that there will be a few guidelines to follow to make it fun for all and streamline the flying times. The key guidelines are:
- Video transmitters are to be conforming with ACMA Guidelines and MUST BE 25mw or less (this is critical for indoor events).
- Please arrive close to the start time (5pm) so that you can get the safety briefing and get a frequency (hard for others if you arrive late.. be nice to your friends).
- Your 130 size quad (see below for classes) will need to be scruitineered (check that it is in healthy working order and can operate failsafe (motors stop when loss of signal)). You will need to take off your props for this. Please be familiar with the process BEFORE the event and if you are not sure please ask on the Facebook Discussion Group
- You know how to change the channel for your video transmitter (we can help if required). We run four frequencies on the Fatshark / Immersion band (5740, 5780, 5820, 5860).
- Also we will be taking membership fees and signing people up to the club. It will be a blast so hope to see you all there.
For these indoor events we will be running two classes of drones (quads). These are the ONLY two classes nothing larger will be allowed through scruitineering. One thing that should be considered is that the mini tracks are going to be small so faster is not necessarily going to be better. The event organiser will have ultimate say on whether a quad is allowed to ensure safety of all participating.
130 Class Specification
- Must weight less than 200g with props on (no battery).
- Must run 3 inch or less size props (no limit on the number of blades).
- Up to 4S battery allowed.
- Must have 1 stage failsafe operating (if radio is turned off the propellers must stop within 10 seconds).
Micro Class Specification
- Must weight less than 100g with props on (no battery).
- No prop limit
- Think Tiny Whoop size
5:00pm – Start setting up the track and equipment (all are welcome to help….PLEASE)
5:30pm – Scrutineering (130 class) and assignment of frequencies
6:00pm – Safety Briefing and commence Flying
9:00pm – Finalise Flying and pack up equipment.
Park in the carpark off Rose Street on the north side of the Showgrounds. Enter by the Duncan Hall and then take the first left into the north section of the Goyder Pavilion. For pilots attending multiple events please take a parking pass on entry and a multi-use exit pass will be provided (these are limited and will be handed out at the end of the first event and are to be used for future events).
$10 for AFPVR Members
$20 for non-members (require also AMAS day membership for insurance cover Go here)